I.Setting of corrugated beam on roadside
1. The corrugated beam on the roadside can be classified into A and S levels according to the anti-collision grade. The S-level beam belongs to the reinforced type, and is suitable for the use of the especially dangerous roadside sections. The center spacing of the column of the S-level beam is 2 m.
2. The transverse layout of the corrugated beam
on the roadside should not make the beam surface intrude into the boundary of highway buildings, and should not reduce the lateral earth pressure on the outer side of the beam column significantly. The minimum distance from the outer edge of the column to the shoulder edge is stipulated as follows: when the width of the soil shoulder is 75 cm, it should not be less than 25 cm; when the width of the soil shoulder is 50 cm, it should not be less than 14 cm.
3. Setting of the end of roadside beam: The starting and ending points of the corrugated beam on the roadside should be handled with ending process. The end of roadside beam can be designed as ground anchor type or round head type. Between upstream round end in reverse direction and standard section of beam, gradient section should be set. The downstream end of the direct direction of the car can be arranged in a straight line with the standard section beam.
4. The resistance block of the corrugated beam
on the side of the road is the bearing component between the corrugated beam and the column. It is suitable for those sections where the types of vehicles in traffic flow are complex and the vehicles may be blocked at the beam posts in case of collision. Or the section where the impact of roadside stones should be reduced on the trajectory of collision vehicles. Guardrail block is divided into A type and B type. A type is suitable for circular columns.
5. Roadside corrugated beam should be installed in solid soil shoulder. When the beam column encounters soft foundation, it should be set in concrete foundation. When conditions permit, it is appropriate to use displacement beam column.